Who is the class for?
For those children who will be turning FIVE years old this year, and their parents/caregivers (who must
attend with them initially). Classes begin from 8school weeks before your child turning 5.
(When your child turns four, please complete a pre-enrolment form (available from the
School Office), so we know you are coming)
Why are we having this class?
• To help make a smooth and enjoyable transition to school.
• To develop children’s readiness for school in literacy, numeracy, and social skills.
• To show parents how they can assist their child at home, in preparation for entry to school.
• We value Partnership with home, "it takes a whole village to raise a child"
What is the class?
This is a once a week class that can be in addition to the Kindy, Day Care or Pre-school that your child may already attend.
What is the Kickstart pack?
The Kickstart pack is a set of resources which we provide to parents to be able to work with your child at home. This pack, which is available from the school office, contains lots of fun activities that you can do with your child. Many of the resources in the pack, your child will then use when they start school. We sell this pack for $15, but this amount is credited against your child's stationery pack when they start at Leamington school. This makes the pack free of charge if your child starts at Leamington school.
What are we going to do?
- Take part in early reading and maths ideas and activities.
- Give parents ideas on how they can help their children at home with oral language, reading, writing and maths.
- Provide an overview/introduction about different aspects of the School.
- Provide an opportunity to get to know other parents and members of staff.
- Have lots of fun
Click on the Kickstart booklet below to find out more about our Kickstart programme.