Who is the class for?
For those children who will be turning 5 years old and their parents/caregivers (who must
attend with them initially). Pre-school visits begin before your child turns 5. Please contact the school office on 827 5747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify when your child's pre-school visits will take place.
Why are we having this class?
- To help make a smooth and enjoyable transition to school
- To develop children’s readiness for school in literacy, numeracy, and social skills
- To show parents how they can assist their child at home, in preparation for entry to school
- To reinforce the partnership with home, "it takes a whole village to raise a child"
What is the class?
This class is in addition to the kindy, day care or pre-school that your child may already be attending.
What are we going to do?
- Take part in early reading and maths ideas and activities
- Give parents ideas on how they can help their children at home with oral language, reading, writing and maths
- Provide an overview/introduction about different aspects of the school
- Provide an opportunity to get to know other parents and members of staff
- Have lots of fun!
If you would like your child to be part of our Kickstart pre-school visit programme, or want to find out more, please make contact with the school office, or email email@example.com