Leamington School - Strive to Achieve ~ Whaia te Matauranga

Search

Enrolments

Enrolment Scheme

Our enrolment scheme has been adopted to meet the provisions of section 11A of the Education Amendment Act 2000.

Home Zone

All students enrolling at Leamington School must have a copy of a NZ birth Certificate or passport.  This is required by the Ministry of Education to ensure eligibility to attend a New Zealand State school.

Caregivers will need to provide proof that they reside in the school zone - this can be in the form of a tenancy agreement, power account, phone account etc.  Your attention is drawn to the zoning restrictions that are in place and are detailed on the website. 
However, out of zone applications for a place at Leamington are always being considered.  .

All children, other than Fee Paying International Students, whose usual place of residence is within the geographic area defined are entitled to enrol at Leamington School.

The boundary of the geographic area is detailed on this website.  (see map)

Out of Zone Enrolments:

We are currently not taking any out of zone enrolments. (Updated 20 March 2015)

Click here to download an Out of Zone Application Form

The details below relate to if the BOT decides to allocate spaces to out of zone enrolments.

Each year the board determines the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will specify a date by which all applications must be received and the date the ballot will be held.  These ballots will normally take place in October, for children to start in the following year. 

However, out of zone applications for a place at Leamington are always being considered.  Further ballots may be held during the year should places for out of zone students be available, or if demand warrants.

All families who can prove residence within the Home Zone are automatically entitled to attend Leamington School. 

Applications for out of zone enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority, as required by the Education Act;

First Priority will be given to students who are applying for a place in a special programme run by the school and approved by the Secretary for Education.(None of these operate at Leamington School)

Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students

Third priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students

Fourth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of board employees or board members

Fifth Priority will be given to all other applicants

If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989.  If there are more places available than there are applicants, a ballot will not be necessary and those applying will be accepted onto the school roll.

Caregivers will be informed of the outcome of each ballot by mail.