Here at Leamington School we have a strong dedicated Rugby committee that are made up of parent volunteers and teachers. Leamington School has the largest number of players/teams in the Cambridge area Primary competition with over 20% of the school roll playing rugby. We have a strong emphasis on introducing our players to this sport in a safe, supportive and encouraging environment
It is strongly advised to "Like” the Leamington School Rugby Facebook page where all our updates are posted first.
In Cambridge, Primary Rugby is facilitated by Cambridge Junior Rugby Sports Club (CJRS) and all games are held at Memorial Park, off Victoria Road on Saturday mornings throughout the season. CJRS have a comprehensive website with up to date information regarding ages and grading, this is updated regularly especially before the season. There is a lot of information on the website, this should be the first point of call regarding the competition we play in. They also post cancellations, updates and other information on the CJRS Facebook Page first.
- Rugby is available to all students at Leamington School, Male and
- Seasonal games are between May and August with no play on long
weekends and holidays
- Trainings are held either on the Philps Rugby Field at School or
at Leamington Rugby Club under lights during the week after school (depending
on the coaches’ availability of course)
- Our rugby Muster event is held early March each year, however
registrations are opened on the CJRS website from February. This is how you
register your child for rugby then they will be placed into teams by the end of
- 2017 subs were $50 per child if paid by Muster otherwise $55.These
were paid at the school office or at the Muster event by Eftpos
- Players wear their Leamington shorts and socks which are compulsory, these can be brought at the Muster or from the school office. Jerseys are provided and returned. Prices do change year to year. Leamington Rugby Jackets are also available to buy, but are not compulsory.
All our teams are coached and Managed by parents, we are always looking for new parents especially in the first-year grades. Please contact Brett for further information.
We are also very lucky to have a major sponsor of Leamington Rugby in Generation Homes. They make a significant contribution annually directly to Leamington Rugby along with other sponsors and fundraising, which allows us to purchase new equipment and run events such as the annual prize giving for our players. We strongly advise our parents if you’re thinking of building to make contact with Trevor at the Generation Show Home in Cambridge.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding Rugby at Leamington School, please do not hesitate to contact Brett.